Each year, the Jewel Ball Princesses and Her Majesty the Diamond are selected by the Jewel Committee for presentation in the Jewel Ball. Selection is reserved for daughters of Women’s Symphony League of Austin members and is predicated upon the mother’s demonstrated commitment to the WSL and its mission of service and philanthropy. As the raison d’être behind the Jewel Ball tradition, these young ladies (college sophomores) are the centerpiece of the evening’s festivities.
Privileges accorded to Princesses and their families include:
- Presentation, along with her mother, at the Jewel Tea
- Presentation at a semi-formal event hosted by the Knights of the Symphony (Parents invited to attend)
- Presentation at the Jewel Ball Fashion Show and Luncheon (Friday preceding the Jewel Ball)
- Honored Guests at the Jewel Ball Rehearsal Dinner (Friday preceding the Jewel Ball)
- Honored Guests at the Knights of the Symphony Brunch (Saturday morning preceding the Ball)
- Families receive a formal portrait of their Princess in her presentation attire
- Princesses receive a ticket to the Jewel Ball
- Families receive the commemorative Jewel Ball Program
By participating in the Jewel Ball, you and your college student will enjoy a beautiful, unforgettable experience while making lifelong friendships with other families who believe in supporting live classical music and arts education.