- Attend New Member Orientation Reception and 1 New Member Social Event – choose from a variety of dates and locations or come to them all! Fun gatherings like
happy hour, coffee talk, cooking class, pottery painting.
- Work 1 shift (approx 2-3 hours) at both annual fundraisers: Jewel Ball events (options include Soirée, Fashion Luncheon, and Ball – all in September) and Red Haute Valentine Party & Children’s Style Show (early February); flexible shifts available, work from home, before or after the event if preferred.
- Fulfill 1 committee assignment for any of our WSL Committee Chairs including: Austin Symphony Development Fund, Children’s Day Art Park, Teacher Appreciation, Subscriber Mailings, Membership Meetings, Orchestra Relations, POPs Concerts, or Young Peoples’ Concerts.
- Meet annual Financial Obligation of $475 if married/$295 if single which includes:
○ Annual Dues
○ New Member Fee
○ Contribution toward Spring Style Show Fundraiser (available as credit to use toward an event ticket)
○ 2 Jewel Ball tickets (1 for unmarried members, option to purchase additional)
○ Catered food and refreshments at approx 6 meetings per year
Download a PDF copy of the requirements here.
After a new member has completed her first year and becomes an Active Member, the requirements are below:
- ACTIVE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS are the same but without the New Member Orientation, New Member Social or Fee. Committee assignments may be fulfilled through Board Service.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS (available after seven (7) years of Active membership + 1 year New Membership) are limited to financial obligations of paying dues and financially supporting both fundraisers.
If you are interested in membership in the WSL, contact the New Member Chair at email@example.com to inquire about membership.