- Attend New Member Orientation Reception and 1 New Member Social Event Choose from a variety of dates and locations or come to them all! Fun gatherings like happy hours, coffee talks, cooking classes, pottery painting.
- Work 1 shift (approximately 2-3 hours each) at both annual fundraisers: Jewel Ball events (options include Soirée, Fashion Luncheon, and Ball – all in September) and Red Haute Valentine Party & Children’s Style Show (February). Flexible shifts available: work from home, before or after the event, if preferred.
- Fulfill 1 committee assignment for any of our WSL Committee Chairs including: Austin Symphony Development Fund, Tuneful Tales, Membership Meetings, Orchestra Relations, Pops Concerts, or Young Peoples’ Concerts.
- Meet annual Financial Obligation of $475 if married/$295 if single which includes:
○ Annual Dues
○ New Member Fee
○ Contribution toward Red Haute Valentine Party & Children’s Style Show (available as credit to use toward an event ticket)
○ 2 Jewel Ball tickets (1 for unmarried members, option to purchase additional)
○ Catered food and refreshments at approximately 6 meetings per year
Download a PDF copy of the requirements here.
After a new member has completed her first year and becomes an Active Member, the requirements are below:
- ACTIVE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS are the same but without the New Member Orientation, New Member Social or New Member Fee. Committee assignments may be fulfilled through Board Service.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS, available after 1 year New Membership + seven (7) years of Active membership, are limited to financial obligations of paying dues and financially supporting both fundraisers.
If you are interested in membership in the WSL, contact the New Member Chairs at [email protected] to inquire about membership.